Life- what's the purpose?

Today's topic might be (or will be) a little (or very) philosophical. It could be difficult to understand some parts of it; because you know, it's me. I'm not intelligible all the time. People who know me can relate (greetings to all of those people!). Life doesn't come easy on you all the time. Losses, sorrows, deaths... you sometimes think what the hell is the purpose of all these, knowing that there is one inevitable truth -the greatest truth no man dared to deny-, death, which is going to arrive and knock on our weak wooden doors, anytime, and take us to a realm we've never been to or seen before. And in this mundane post of mine, the discussion is on the Purpose of Anything and Everything.
(I'd like to deliver my thanks to a friend of mine who I'm sure will read this, as he is the one who gave me the idea and genuinely asked me to write about this.) 

As you've walked around the earth, you might have noticed something- everything is in perfect order, all the laws flawlessly function and nothing goes out of order. The system is impeccable. Everything but humans seem to fit in perfectly to the system. But we are different. As humans, instead of contributing to the ecosystem, we cause so much destruction that some animal species even get extinct. Why are we different? We obviously are superior to all other animals both mentally and spiritually, and this can't be for no reason. Cows give milk, bees produce honey, sheep give wool, chickens give us eggs, soil gives us food in plenty- everything seems to be set up for man to live a good comfy life. And all of them seem to play a role in this world- that is they have a Purpose. What is our purpose? Is it money? Is it fame? What is it? Why is it? What value does the work we have done have after we die? The money, the fame, the greed we once had... what happens to them when we die? Worthless! So is the purpose of life death? This leads to another question- what is the purpose of birth? You see, this leads to an existential crisis. A chain of difficult-to-answer questions, just like a maze which doesn't have an exit. A friend of mine who I talked to about this matter told me that he believes the purpose of life is to find the purpose of life and then follow that. When you think about it it's kinda true. But according to me, the purpose of life shouldn't involve finding it. It should be straightforward and finding it should be out of the purpose (as I've said in the beginning, I'm not intelligible all the time. If you don't understand, leave me to my own thoughts and move on, anyways I'm writing this spontaneously so it might not make much sense to you). We sure should search for the purpose of our lives, but I don't believe that's The purpose of our lives. That's like a sub-purpose leading to the main purpose, ‘The’ Purpose of Life. As many wise men say, read, read my boy. Read so your mind gets illuminated and your thoughts get cleansed. But choose your sources wisely, you reflect on what you consume. Think. Think wisely. See the big picture. The Big Picture.

To conclude, I would take great honor in informing you that we're in this world for a purpose. All the humans are in this world for a purpose. Many philosophers, spiritual personalities and religions had answers for it. Find the true purpose. Find the truth.

Comments

Popular Posts